I've Moved

I've Moved
Click on the link to check out my new blog...all the same great stuff can be found there!

Saturday, February 25, 2012

You might be a kindergarten teacher if...


There are often moments in my day or over my years that I simply have to shake my head and tell myself “You are a kindergarten teacher.” Here are a few of those moments….  

©       The other day I was brushing my hair after work so that I could recurl it to head out for the night.  
As I was brushing there seemed to be something in my hair. Upon further investigation I found it to be the goldmine that one of my lovely five year olds found on their mission of “digging for gold.” Gee, thanks for sharing your plunder I suppose.

©       There are some things that they do not teach you in college in your preparations to become a teacher….One of those things are the many names that students have for their, um, well, private parts.  Here was my conversation on that day when I learned that if it is even a possible name for him or her don’t ask and abort all conversations!!

Student: (outside the bathroom) “Miss Miller, my winker won’t let me go.”
                       Me: “Honey, I don’t know what you are trying to tell me and I don’t know 
what a winker is.”
 
To which my students quickly responded with a shrill “SEE!”
 Insert face of complete shock and horror here!
Oh my my my, lesson learned.

©       The same student as above was turned around one day in line as we were on our way to gym class. 
He was not just turned around but he had his hands on the face of the girl behind him.

Me: Sean, what are you doing! (This is in my oh my goodness what is he doing voice)
Sean: What Miss Miller? I was only going to sexy kiss her. (In his matter of fact voice)
                 Me: We don’t kiss and we definitely don’t sexy kiss!

Needless to say they did not stand in line next to each other.



Photobucket Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment