I've Moved

I've Moved
Click on the link to check out my new blog...all the same great stuff can be found there!

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Book Review: The Vow

A few weeks ago one of my girlfriends and I went to see The Vow. A lot of people seem to be having mixed feelings about the movie. I however, LOVED it! I remember walking out of the theatre encouraged and thinking “this is the kind of man God has for me in my future.” I bought the book and sat down to read it Sunday night. Within the first chapter or two I knew that I was in for a long night because I was going to finish the book. Kim and Krickitt’s (the couple the movie is based on) story is nothing short of an ah-mazing love story written by the hand of God.
            The first few chapters tell the story of how Kim and Krickitt fell in love the first time. I won’t ruin it by telling you here, but if you are single and thinking you will never find him, you must get the book for this reason alone. It was so inspiring to me to see how God can interrupt a very normal day/moment to give you a fairytale.
            Anyway, in contrast to the movie Kim and Krickitt were only married 10 weeks before the car accident that forever altered their life. The rest of the book is spent sharing an even more beautiful love story than the one they began prior to the car accident. The book is about two people so committed to the “vow” they made to God in trusting Him with their life and making Him the center of it that they in turn honor the “vow” they made before God to each other: till death do us part.
            Kim and Krickitt’s remarkable faith is revealed in every page of this book. They are very honest about how difficult the journey was to falling in love again. They recognize that without having Christ at the center of their relationship and individual lives, there would have never been a reason for a book or movie. Their story and spirit is incredible.
            So many people want this love story we all watched on the big screen. But, it made me think are we actually willing to pay the price of having something that is so beautiful as the marriage between Kim and Krickitt? What they went through was harder than most of us can even fathom. So often we want what others have but we aren’t willing to pay the price they paid to have it.




Photobucket Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment